So I woke up this morning to the sound of my dog Piper whimpering a little. We knew she was due with puppies any day...I just thought it would be late than sooner :) She kept acting nervous running in and out of rooms and hiding under beds. We all were about to leave to church when piper came past me and whipped me with her tail...it was all wet, and sure enough she had lost her water. I quickly changed into grungy clothes and put on rubber gloves and sent the fam off to church.
I had made piper a bed a couple of weeks earlier so she would know where to have them....called a whelping box. When I finally got her to stay in it the first puppy was well on it's way. She delivered her first one which was a boy (yellow in color, they are all yellow labs). She then waited about 1/2 hour for the next one to come out and so on until their were 7. 5 boys, 2 girls.
We had to leave to a baby blessing while she was still in the middle of the delivery so I called up my sister Jenny to come help out while I was gone. I left right after the 5th was delivered, and Jenny made it here before the 6th and 7th were born. Perfect timing :)
Piper did wonderfully. I can already tell she is going to be a great little Mommy. What an adventure!!!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
I'm a Proud Grandma...Sort Of
Posted by Emily at 10:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Congrats Grandma and Grandpa!! Your little litter is amazing. I want to reach through the monitor and hold the little pups. Good luck your all out numbered.
Post a Comment